Sunday, May 2, 2010




Probably my least favorite thing so far about this project is the drawing on my back. It makes me nervous to think about the fragile thing that I can't see to know that it's okay. Wearing it is a little embarrassing because I know people must think I'm a weirdo.
It reminds me of Catcher in the Rye, how the main character, Holden Caulfield, has this red hunter's hat, like an Elmer Fudd hat, and he makes this statement of his individuality by wearing it backwards, but when there are a lot of people around he loses his nerve and wears it the right way or takes it off.

For the most part, my day has been pretty normal. Walked to work and back to campus, but that is something that I've done several times before. Did some research for my art history paper in the library. Then I went outside and sat on the steps of Keeney Hall and adjusted my drawing, did a couple more studies. I only tend to take pictures when I'm stopped somewhere.

Considering going to Wafflehouse to drink coffee and do more research. Haven't decided yet. Kind of sleepy, but don't actually know where I would sleep.


"Burning every bridge that I crossed, just to find a beautiful place to get lost." - Elliot Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment